Shared by Dan Studt – President Freedom in Christ Ministry
The lie: I cannot stand the stress and anxiety associated with the pandemic and all the changes it has brought about. OR, I’ll only be secure if I know everything will return to normal as I desire.
- Romans 6:23—“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- 1 John 5:12—“Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.”
- Galatians 2:20—“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
- James 1:5—“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
- Colossians 3:1-3—“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.”
- Philippians 4:6-9—“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.”
- Isaiah 26:3—“You (God) will keep in perfect peace (shalom) the one whose mind is fixed on you, because he (or she) trusts in you.”
- John 14:27—Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
- John 16:31-33—“I (Jesus) have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
I renounce the lie that I cannot stand the stress and anxiety associated with the pandemic and the changes it has brought about. OR, I’ll only be secure if I know everything will return to normal as I desire.
I announce the truth that, through faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ, I am forgiven and have passed from death to life (see also Ephesians 2:1-10 and Romans 3:21-26) I announce the truth that, as one who trusts in Jesus for life, I am not called to live on my own strength or wisdom. Rather, it is the life of Christ Himself, as I rely on Him by faith, which enables me to live with strength and wisdom. I announce the truth that as I set my heart and mind on the things of God and put these things into practice, I can trust He will give me peace. I announce the truth that I was not promised a comfortable life because this world is broken as a result of the Fall. (See also Genesis 3, Romans 8:18-27) I announce the truth that Jesus has overcome the world and has given me His peace, therefore, I can have the courage and not be afraid because the God of peace Himself is with me.
If this has been helpful to you, consider other materials produced by Freedom in Christ Ministries by visiting www.ficm.org. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13, NIV)
Leave a Reply