“No Christian is immune to the devastations of sin, and attempting to reconcile those sins, whether committed against us or by us, with our standing as God’s beloved children, is incredibly difficult work. Often, the shame brought on by my past caused me to hide from God and to run from the security and belonging he was offering me. God has given us the truth from scripture as our most powerful tool when facing shame, and FIC helped me learn to remember, to rest, and to walk in the promises and truths of God, a loving Father who will never abandon or hurt us and who does not call us to live in shame”
Listen on Spotify, iTunes, and other platforms.
For more visit https://anchor.fm/ficms
Whether you are just learning about Jesus or have been a Christian for years, Neil T. Anderson awakens you to your true identity, showing you how to step free from you past and walk into life restored – the way God intended.
This book starts at the beginning with Creation, the Fall, the Gospel and moves into how to have a deep abiding relationship with Jesus Christ.
Restored is available here as a free PDF in English, Spanish, German, and Simplified Chinese.
In order to download the e-book, please click HERE and fill the form on the page. After you submit your information, you will be sent an email with a link to your download.
Daily In Christ – Focus on the Significant – with Dr. Neil T. Anderson & Trenidy Davis
To be significant many people jump on the performance track setup by the world system. However, true significance comes from investing out time in a few faithful friends. Join Trenidy Davis as he reflects on being significant right where we are. For more read Dr. Anderson’s “Daily In Christ” devotional.
FOCUS ON THE SIGNIFICANT
If any man’s work remains, he shall receive a reward (1 Corinthians 3:14)
Significance is a time issue. What is forgotten in time is of little significance. What is remembered for eternity is of great significance. Paul wrote to Timothy: “discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come” (1 Timothy 4:7,8). If you want to increase your significance, focus your energies on significant activities. Those that will remain for eternity.
Brian was a pastor of a small church who attended one of my classes at the seminary. He was in his mid-thirties and married when he found out he had cancer. The doctors gave him less than two years to live.
One day Brian came to talk to me. “Ten years ago somebody gave a prophecy about me in church,” he began. “They said I was going to do a great work for God. I’ve led a few hundred people to Christ, but I haven’t had a great work for God yet. Do you think God is going to heal me so the prophecy can be fulfilled?”
My mouth dropped open in shock. “You’ve led a few hundred people to Christ and don’t think you have accomplished a great work for God? Brian, I know some big-name pastors in large churches who can’t make that claim. I know some great theologians who have probably never led anyone to Christ. If a few hundred people are believers today because of you, and they have influenced who knows how many other people for Christ, I’d call that a great work for God.” (Brian is now with the Lord, having completed his significant ministry of reaching hundreds for Christ.)
As children of God, we are in the significant business of collecting treasures for eternity. What we do and say for Christ, no matter how insignificant it seems in this world, will last forever. There are no insignificant children of God, because our life is eternal.
Lord, I desire to use wisely the time You have allotted to me. May my life count for gold, silver and precious jewels, not wood, hay and stubble.
You can download a Stronghold Buster worksheet here.
Shared by Dan Studt – President Freedom in Christ Ministry
The lie: I cannot stand the stress and anxiety associated with the pandemic and all the changes it has brought about. OR, I’ll only be secure if I know everything will return to normal as I desire.
- Romans 6:23—“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- 1 John 5:12—“Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.”
- Galatians 2:20—“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
- James 1:5—“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”
- Colossians 3:1-3—“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.”
- Philippians 4:6-9—“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.”
- Isaiah 26:3—“You (God) will keep in perfect peace (shalom) the one whose mind is fixed on you, because he (or she) trusts in you.”
- John 14:27—Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
- John 16:31-33—“I (Jesus) have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
I renounce the lie that I cannot stand the stress and anxiety associated with the pandemic and the changes it has brought about. OR, I’ll only be secure if I know everything will return to normal as I desire.
I announce the truth that, through faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ, I am forgiven and have passed from death to life (see also Ephesians 2:1-10 and Romans 3:21-26) I announce the truth that, as one who trusts in Jesus for life, I am not called to live on my own strength or wisdom. Rather, it is the life of Christ Himself, as I rely on Him by faith, which enables me to live with strength and wisdom. I announce the truth that as I set my heart and mind on the things of God and put these things into practice, I can trust He will give me peace. I announce the truth that I was not promised a comfortable life because this world is broken as a result of the Fall. (See also Genesis 3, Romans 8:18-27) I announce the truth that Jesus has overcome the world and has given me His peace, therefore, I can have the courage and not be afraid because the God of peace Himself is with me.
If this has been helpful to you, consider other materials produced by Freedom in Christ Ministries by visiting www.ficm.org. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13, NIV)
Like everyone else, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are adapting the Freedom in Christ Course to an online interactive call. Here is session 6 on a most timely subject.